Exit Stopper® for Double Door with Remote Horn - Green
Highly effective, alarm alerts you to any unauthorized exits/entries through emergency exits with double doors. Serves as an inexpensive security device and helps stop theft as well.
If the protected doors are opened, the electronic Exit Stopper (STI-6404-G) emits an ear piercing alarm from the main unit and remote horn for 30 seconds, three minutes or continuously (as preset by the user). A key operated override will silence the alarms and allow authorized exits. Another option is annunciator mode, in this mode it announces a doors opening with a set of 10 beeps and then resets. Exit Stopper is fitted with a long life 9-VDC alkaline battery. It is available in red or green for almost any type of door, mounting or installation.
- Complete with double reed switch assembly that allows the alarm to monitor double doors.
- Includes an additional horn assembly that can be mounted up to 300 feet from the main unit - wire not included and not electrically supervised.
- Highly visible "stop sign" design acts as a deterrent.
- Unit is completely self-contained and easy to install.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low volume setting can be selected if desired).
- Upon installation, user can select whether to use as an alarm or annunciator.
- Alarm mode can be set to sound for 30 seconds, 3 minutes or indefinitely (unless disarmed with key supplied or until battery is drained).
- In annunciation mode, alarm announces door entry/exit with 2 beeps and repeated 5 times.
- May be programmed for 15-second entry/exit delay or immediate trip.
- Arming delay allows unit to arm following an
- May be mounted on top, right, left or next to almost any door.
- Detects both unauthorized exits and entries.
- Less expensive
than heavy horizontal bar type units.
Practical for all emergency doors.
- Compact design 5 in. (127mm) in diameter and 1.875 in. (48mm) deep.
- Also available in red housing (STI-6404).
- 9-VDC alkaline battery is provided.
- Recommended operating temperature 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C).
- Includes one warning label 16200. This label is often placed on the outside of the door protected by Exit Stopper.
- Should not be exposed to water.
- Not for outdoor use.
- Three year guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components).
- Housing is molded of super tough
polycarbonate and is UV-stabilized.
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C).
Note: End user must verify the alarm and battery function every six months and replace battery annually or as required.